We’ve teamed up with the crew at Inspiring Communities to bring you three great workshops focused on Community-Led Development. You can participate in each workshop as a stand-alone session or take part in all three to make sure the puzzle pieces fit together.
Workshop 3: Connections and Collaboration – Co-Creating and Maintaining Relationships at Your Place
Communities flourish when everyone works together. Community-Led Development helps people to find, make and keep relationships across different groups and sectors. Important elements of Community-Led Development include trust, observation, analysis and the ability to create and plan for change together.
This workshop will help you:
- Assess your community relationships. How do you engage and maintain a wide variety of connections?
- Identify new partners, connections and influencers. Enhance what’s working and plan ways to widen your spheres of influence.
- Apply tools to build and support important relationships.
- Learn how to appreciate risk and apply relationship principles.
- Establish steps to map and tap into the strengths of your wider community.
- Strengthen your ability to manage diverse relationships.
Facilitated by: Kindra Douglas
What Others Say:
“A solid basket of ideas for building the community consultation framework. The importance of disruption and good facilitation; permission to be fierce and disruptive.” Participant in Inspiring Communities Activate 2017
“I am always so inspired when I read, participate in, or listen to Inspiring Communities presentations or workshops. I continue to implement the values / concepts / tools into the community projects I am involved with.” Inspiring Communities Network Survey
Auckland: St Lukes, 130 Remuera Road, Auckland
Tuesday 26th June 2018, 9.30am – 4pm
Whangarei: Lounge 1, ASB Leisure Centre, Western Hills Drive
Thursday 28th June 2018, 9.30am – 4pm
$69 (Non-Profit Organisations)
$220 (Local or Central Government, Funders, Private Enterprise)
Please bring a plate for a shared lunch