Getting Started With Governance
Are you a new trustee looking for clarity about your role and responsibilities?
Are you an experienced trustee who wants to keep up-to-date with the latest ways of thinking?
Are you a Manager who wants to know what you can reasonably expect from your Board?
Getting Started with Governance is a one-day or 2 hour express workshop that gives you a practical guide to your role without all the fluff and jargon.
In this workshop you will discover:
Common Models for Non-Profit Governance: Policeman, Partner and Pilot
- What model does your Board currently use? Is this still the right model for your organisation?
- If not, how can you transition from where you are, to where you want to be?
Board Roles and Responsibilities
- What does this look like in a real sense? Who does what?
Expectations of Trustees
- What can be reasonably expected from individual trustees?
- What behaviours should trustees demonstrate on a consistent basis?
Best Practice Governance
- What are the practices that ensure Boards are working at their highest level?
- How do you measure up?
- What small changes can you make to create even more impact as a Board?
- How do you move-on stale or poor performing trustees?
- How do you ensure that you always have good people lining up for a Governance role?
What is the purpose of a Strategic Plan…really?
- How to develop a useable Strategic Plan that doesn’t gather dust in the bottom drawer.
This workshop is a great introduction to Governance, and ensures that both new and experienced trustees all have the same understanding of what’s involved. Non-Profit Governance has changed dramatically in the last 10 years, so even if you’re an experienced Board member, you’ll find it useful to come along.
What others say:
“This has started some really strategic and policy driven conversations which we can go away and work on. It has clarified our structure so we can move forward without burning out.”
Robyn McLeod, Mockingbird
“We are only in our second year so this has been so valuable to our future sustainability, professionalism and where to from here.”
Deborah Nicol, Empowerment NZ
To enquire about an In-House Governance workshop or having a Governance Workshop in your region, email email@example.com
Can’t make it to a workshop? Find out about our Introduction to Governance E-book here.