Getting your Board Onboard
Are you a new trustee looking for clarity about your role and responsibilities?
Are you an experienced trustee who wants to keep up-to-date with the latest ways of thinking?
Are you a Manager who wants to know what you can reasonably expect from your Board?
Getting your Board Onboard is a one-day workshop that gives you a practical guide to your role without all the fluff and jargon. Short on time? We can tailor a workshop to suit your trustees time and work commitments. This workshop is a great introduction to Governance, and ensures that both new and experienced trustees all have the same understanding of what’s involved. Non-Profit Governance has changed dramatically in the last 10 years, so even if you’re an experienced Board member, you’ll find it useful to come along.
In this workshop you will discover:
Common Models for Non-Profit Governance: Policeman, Partner and Pilot
- What model does your Board currently use? Is this still the right model for your organisation?
- If not, how can you transition from where you are, to where you want to be?
Board Roles and Responsibilities
- What does this look like in a real sense? Who does what?
Expectations of Trustees
- What can be reasonably expected from individual trustees?
- What behaviours should trustees demonstrate on a consistent basis?
Best Practice Governance
- What are the practices that ensure Boards are working at their highest level?
- How do you measure up?
- What small changes can you make to create even more impact as a Board?
- How do you move-on stale or poor performing trustees?
- How do you ensure that you always have good people lining up for a Governance role?
What is the purpose of a Strategic Plan…really?
- How to develop a useable Strategic Plan that doesn’t gather dust in the bottom drawer.
What others say:
“This has started some really strategic and policy driven conversations which we can go away and work on. It has clarified our structure so we can move forward without burning out.”
Robyn McLeod, Mockingbird
“We are only in our second year so this has been so valuable to our future sustainability, professionalism and where to from here.”
Deborah Nicol, Empowerment NZ
Workshop Delivery Options:
Available both privately and publicly
- Full Day
- Half Day Express*
- Online Zoom
*Please note: this excludes Succession Planning and Strategic Planning
To get the most out of the workshop your GM/CEO/person responsible for the day-to-day running of your organisation AND at least 80% of your board must attend.
You will join up to 8 other community organisations for the workshop, with each organisation working through the activities and tasks as a team. At no stage will you be expected to share sensitive information with participants from other organisations. The workshop format enables great discussion and sharing of ideas and ways of working related to governance.
Prefer one-on-one support? We can tailor this workshop to meet your board’s needs. Call us TODAY (07 5718819) or check out our in-house support page.
Want to know more? Fill out the form below and we will get in touch with you.
Getting Your Board Onboard Workshop Enquiry
Can’t make it to a workshop? Check out our Introduction to Governance E-Book.